Advanced Dental Technology At Bayside Dental Rowlett & Mesquite
Dentist in Rowlett And Mesquite,TX
We use technology to improve the efficiency of our office and make your dental visits as effective and comfortable as possible. In addition to digital x-rays, photos, and impressions, we use our CBCT machine for a complete picture of what’s happening inside your mouth. The 3-D view provided by the CBCT is more efficient, precise, and in-depth than traditional 2-D images. 3D images can catch problems that 2D scans may miss.
CBCT in Rowlett, TX
CBCT imaging technology is an extremely useful tool for dealing with complex cases, including:
- Dental implant placement
- Diagnosing TMJ or other jaw disorders
- Evaluation of the nerves, jaw, sinus, and nasal cavity
- Impacted teeth surgery planning
- Reconstructive surgery planning
Advantages or CBCT Imaging
CBCT imaging offers many advantages, which makes it the preferred imaging method for Bayside Dental in Rowlett, TX, and for countless other dental care providers.
- We can achieve accurate measurements and multiple angles and views, making it a more thorough evaluation.
- Unlike a conventional x-ray, CBCT allows us to examine bone, teeth, and soft tissue all in one scan.
- The process is quick! It only takes about 20–40 seconds to produce an x-ray of an entire mouth, and much less for a targeted area.
- Typically, CBCT is more affordable than a CT scan, and it uses less radiation.
Preparation for Your CBCT Exam
Essentially, there is virtually no preparation required prior to your exam. Simply wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes and remove anything that may interfere with the results, including eyeglasses, hearing aids, jewelry, etc. Also, let your Rowlett, TX dentist know if you are pregnant before undergoing any type of x-ray exam.